On this fine Monday afternoon we are going to do a little “catch up on Kathleen’s life because she’s been a terrible blogger” post. So forgive me if everything is totally and completely random.
1. Last Sunday I spent the day with some friends at Universal Studios. It was a BLAST! Mostly because we spent the majority of our time in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I’m not much of a Universal fan (and yes that’s because I would for Disney). They just don’t give the same type of service as we do working for the Mouse. We did ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey 4 times, three of which were right in a row. We pretty much closed the place down. Literally. We were some of the last ones on the ride before they closed the ride down for the night.
2. On Wednesday, the annual YES Program picnic took place. Everyone who works with the YES Program was invited and everyone brought some type of dish to go with hamburgers and hot dogs that our management team provided. The interns were in charge of making up some fun “picnic games” but we failed miserably in our assignment and the only thing we managed to do successfully was a water balloon toss. We also got a special surprise from our boss, Mickey Mouse and some great presents from our managers! We were given a cute YES Program cup and our very own Mousecar! Like an Oscar but with Mickey on top. Apparently we are the first inter group to get these little beauties! 🙂
3. After the picnic, Suzanne and I went to the Orlando Fringe Festival. It’s a festival filled with different plays. Some our plays that every knows (ie. Little Shop of Horrors), but most are orignially written/produced ones. A friend of mine wrote her very own play. It is called Lil’ Women: A Rap Musical. And it’s exactly what you’re thinking it is. The story of Little Women, set to music! Rap music that is! It was AMAZING!! The actors and the songs were prefect! And I was so impressed with how well she stuck to the story line.
4. On Thursday some friends and I went out on the town! We went to place called Cowboys, which is a country bar with crazy amounts of line dancing. I swear, there is a line dance for EVERY single country song these days. On top of that, everyone at Cowboys (except for our group) seemed to know how to do them all. Even got all dressed up in my cowboy boots and jean dress!
5. Saturday I did absolutely nothing and it was delightful. I slept late and then parked myself on the couch and only got up to shower, eat food and use the bathroom. I browsed my Nook for new books that I want to read and I actually found a ton!! In fact, I literally finished a whole book in one sitting.
It’s a trilogy. The first two are out but not the third. Pretty sure I like this book more than I liked the Hunger Games. And I LOVED the Hunger Games.
6. And I have saved the best part of the last few days last!So as you all know, I am just on an internship right now for the YES Program.Said internship ends in two weeks. So I’ve been driving myself crazy trying to find a job for afterwards. (You read all about my options here).
But today I got the BEST NEWS EVER! Starting on June 10th, that’s the day after my internship ends.
I will be going back to Epcot Guest Relations!!
I am over the moon excited! I thought I was going to have to go about this a long and drawn out way. That is, work in an area I don’t really enjoy for a while and then re-apply for Guest Relations after a few months.
God is good though and I get to just jump right back in where I left off.
Well, hope you enjoyed that massive update. I promise to be way more consistent from now on! 🙂
Have a great Monday!I know I will.