Two criteria I am a big fan of, easy and yummy.
So today I’m sharing said recipe with you lovelies!
Here is where I found the original recipe for:
Now the link on Pinterest takes you to a website that is dedicated to mushrooms.
And instead of giving you all the ingredients by how many cups you of each item you need, it gives you them in ounces.
Since I am no Rachel Ray, I had to find a converter (Thank you Google) to show me how many ounces are in a cup.
(Don’t judge, Math was NOT my favorite subject)
I also doubled the amount of mushrooms and spinach I used. Trust me I needed too.
So here is how I interpreted the instructions.
1 TBSP olive oil
2 cups mushrooms
2 cups spinach
1/2 cup of feta cheese (I used reduced fat)
salt and pepper (to taste)
1 cup of shredded cheese (I used Colby/Monterey Jack)
I also grabbed a Whole Wheat pie crust to make it a tad healthier.
And its organic only because that was all my grocery store had.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté the mushrooms and spinach until the mushrooms are a golden brown and the spinach has “wilted” or I guess “melted” is a better word.
3. While the mushrooms and spinach are doing their thang, whisk the eggs and the feta cheese together.
4. After the mushrooms and spinach are done spread them on the bottom of the pie crust and pour the egg mix over the top.
5. Throw it in the oven for 30 minutes. Then sprinkle the cheese of choice over the top and throw it back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
And here is my finished product!
You could probably make it even yummier by adding more veggies or some type of meat, like turkey sausage or something.
Make it your own and I’m sure it’ll taste STUPENDOUS!
Don’t you just love that word?!
I know I do.