Today I’ve decided to share with you my favorite Pinterest recipe! Well it’ll be my favorite until I find another one anyway! But seriously, it is sooo GOOD!
Here is the original pin.
I wish I could say that my final product looked at pretty as the one in the pin, but sadly, it did not.
But it still turned out delicious, which is what really matters. Right?
So here is what you’re going to need.
4 Bell Peppers- cut length wise (I only used two because I was cooking for one)
1/2 cup of quinoa (which I’m currently obsessed with by the way)
1/2 lb of ground turkey (I accidentally used a whole pound because I can’t read sometimes)
1 small onion
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can of black beans-drained
1 TB taco seasoning
1/2 TB cumin (I giggle every time I read that work. Yes I’m a 14 year old boy.)
1/2 TB olive oil
1/2 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
3/4 cups water
1 tsp of Oikos Greek Yogurt (I used it as sour cream!)
Here’s what you do.
1. Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan on medium heat and cook the onion, which should be chopped and cooked until clear. Then add the ground turkey and cook until browned.
2. Add in the black beans, quinoa, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, cumin, and water. Stir together and heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Then cover pan, reduce heat to medium/low and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked.
*Once the filling was ready I tasted it to make sure it was yummy and my mouth had a party because it was so good! I could seriously make a meal of JUST the filling!
3. Preheat oven to 375. Place you peppers in a baking dish (I used a medium sized pan, sorry I have no idea what the dimensions of the pan are). Spoon in filling and cover with a little of the mozzarella cheese.
4. Cover dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and add a little greek yogurt as sour cream and ENJOY!
See, told ya mine didn’t come out as pretty. (The cheese is burnt because I didn’t have foil. Which I did not realize until I was ready to put the peppers in the oven. womp womp)
But I promise they were still delicious. Plus they were super easy to make and they’re healthy too.
Win win if you ask me! 🙂
Linking up for:
Have a great Thursday!