Happy Monday friends!
Today is very exciting because one week from today is my birthday! Woo Hoo! And one week from tomorrow I will be on a whole weeks vacation! And it’s my very first paid vacation at that, so it’s even more exciting! It’ll also make it that much more enjoyable!
As I’ve already mentioned I will turing a quarter of a century old. Sheesh that sounds so weird to say out loud. I have a feeling 25 is going to be just fantastic!
Alas, that is not what I want to talk about today. Today, I want to share a recipe with y’all.
It’s a recipe that I created all by myself. It turned out quite delightful if I do say so myself.
So here is how to make: Chicken, Spinach, and Mushroom Pasta w/ Grape Tomatoes A La Kathleen
Here what you’ll need:
2 boneless chicken breasts
1 cup chopped onions
1 1/2 cups mushrooms
1 1/2 cups of spinach
2 cups whole wheat pasta
as many grape tomatoes as you want cut in halves
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup of feta cheese
Pine nuts (if you want)
Here’s what you do:
1. Cook pasta by package directions.
2. Heat olive oil over medium heat. Cut up your chicken in bite size pieces and once oil is warm begin cooking. About half way through cooking the chicken throw in the onions and let them sauté while the rest of the chicken cooks.
3. After chicken is done cooking, throw in the mushrooms and spinach. I left the juice from the chicken in the pan to add more flavor but you can drain the juice before adding the mushrooms and spinach if you want.
4. Cover pan and let the mixture cook for about 15 minutes or until the spinach has melted down and the mushrooms are cooked.
5. Once pasta is done and the mixture is cooked to your liking, put the pasta in the mixture and stir.
6. Add as many grape tomatoes as you’d like, just make sure you cut them in half. (I don’t like them too mushy so I just let them cook until they were a little warm.)
7. Drizzle the feat cheese over the top.
* I also threw a handful of pine nuts on the top of each serving when I plated the pasta. If you like pine nuts feel free to do the same!
And Wa-LA! You have a healthy and pretty tasty meal!
I was so wrapped up in cooking I completely forgot to take pictures as I went, but I did snap a photo of the finished product in the pan.
It was super easy to throw together and didn’t take long at all.
I have to say I’m pretty proud of myself for making this! The last time I tried to just throw something together I faild horribly. But I’m happy to say that didn’t happen this time around.
So watch out Pinterest! My recipe is fixin to blow up on all your pin boards! 🙂
Have a great Monday y’all!