It’s Friday! Say what? I swear my brain and body still think it’s like Wednesday.
SO…the other day I got a sweet comment on this post from Amy at The Farmers Wife. She invited me to join in on her link up party Oh Hey, Friday! Basically we share 5 things from the week about….whatever we want! So excuse me while I proceed to ramble just a tad on this fine Friday.
1. My parents and I have spent the entire week in the hospital with my grandmother. Thus why I feel like it’s Wednesday and not Friday. Since Sunday, our days have been spent in the ICU and our nights have been spent in a nearby hotel. Which has terrible coffee, terrible breakfast, but the most comfortable beds in the whole world. Seriously I’m thinking about asking the front desk where they got them from so I can buy one for myself. But I’m happy to report that my Grandmother is doing great and is going to be released from the hospital today! She is a fighter! Oh and be sure to come back Monday because you’ll get to read a post entitled “Grey’s Anatomy Gave Me Unrealistic Expectations About Hospitals”. It’s gonna be epic! (I hope.)
Apparently, my grandmother LOVES those court TV shows and Little Women: LA. It’s all she’s wanted to watch while she’s been in the hospital.
2. Speaking of Grey’s Anatomy, ABC finally announced their fall premier schedule this week and I’ve already marked my favorites in my calendar! Come on September! I’m ready for more Modern Family, Grey’s Anatomy, Dancing with the Stars and Once Upon A Time. I think I may be a TV snob because I don’t really watch any other shows on any other networks. Well basic networks anyway, I can’t get enough of Game of Thrones and Girls on HBO. Any suggestions on shows on NBC or CBS that are great and I’m missing out on? Suggestions would be appreciated!
3. This is my first summer off as a teacher and I have to say……it’s freakin weird! Don’t get me wrong I love it. But at the same time I feel kinda bored and restless. For the last 2 years I’ve done nothing but work pretty much all year long with a few days off in a row here and there. But this feels like I’m in college again living at home. I need something to keep me busy…..like a boyfriend or something. Yeah that will work.
4. My friend Jenny and I signed a lease on a house in Houston this week! We can officially move in on July 28th, which is good because I may be taking a small trip to Houston around then to sign some paperwork for my new school and I can swing by and drop some stuff off. I haven’t officially announced that I got a job anywhere because I haven’t signed a contract or anything. I figure it’s better to wait till its officially official before I make any big announcements. You know….just in case!
5. Yesterday the original Happiest Place on Earth celebrated its 59th anniversary! Yes Disneyland turned the big 5-9. A friend and I went to Disneyland in March and had a blast. We only spent 2 full days there but it was great! People always ask me which I prefer: Disneyland or Disney World….and I would say hangs down Disneyland. Why? I think it’s because Disneyland is Walt’s baby. He actually walked the streets and put his heart and soul into that place. And there is something very special about that to us Disney nerds….especially if you’v worked in Guest Relations. Katie and I took a tour while we were there called “Walking in Walt’s Footsteps” and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t cry a little….ok a lot.
See told ya I was gonna ramble!
It’s been a pretty boring/tiring week but I can’t thank God enough for making sure my Grandmother got through this week long hospital stint! There were a few other families in the ICU that weren’t so lucky. I’m happy to be able to say that she’s going home tomorrow.
Have a fantastic weekend friends! And be sure to go hug your Grandparents! :)****** Also linking up with Lauren for High 5 for Friday!