Well the last long weekend for we teachers has come to an end. Now I just have 8 days to get through and I’m home free for the summer.
I clumped Monday into part of the weekend since I didn’t have to go to work thanks to Memorial Day. And it’s a good thing I did because I would have had a very boring weekend to report on. In large part because I’m not allowing myself to do anything that costs money (well actually my bank account isn’t allowing me too).
Here were the highlights:
-Started a new book, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. And I’m pretty sure by the time I finish it will be added to the list of my favorite books of all time.
– Had 3 glorious mornings of coffee in bed.
– Cleaned the house (because it needed to be done and there was nothing else to do)
– Watched several documentaries on Netflix. Including one called Fed Up about childhood obesity and where it came from. Watch it. It’s pretty eye opening.
-Ate my favorite go-to snack like 4 times. It consists of avocado, salsa, and lime flavored tortilla chips. Try it. You’ll love it.
-Got woken up at 5:30am on Sunday morning thanks to a very loud thunder/lightening storm and an alarm on my phone telling me to take shelter because of a tornado.
-Stumbled on this quote on Pinterest that I really hope is true considering the current state of my bank account.
– Watched Game of Thrones with my best friend Ashtyn. This was my favorite episode so far. I feel like so much happened and was set up! Cannot wait for next week!
– Sunday found me taking some pictures of Ashtyn and her Great Dane, Sullie at this Houston site. Plan to share the pictures in a post later this week.
– This one isn’t so much a highlight as it is just something that happened: The severe thunderstorm that woke me up Sunday morning pretty much covered all of Central Texas. The storms were so bad in San Marcos, Texas (where I went to college) that the rivers that run through the city completely over flooded a large part of the city. Here are some pictures:
(Pictures taken from Google Images)
Thoughts and prayers go out to all the families affected!
Pretty good long weekend overall. During the school year I really wish we had more of these babies. Now to just finish out the last 8 days of the school year!
Have a great Tuesday friends!