Here’s what you do:
1. Boil your pasta. This always takes the longest so I start my pasta before I do anything else.
I also use this time to defrost my shrimp. Again just throw them in a bowl of hot water and they will be defrosted in 4-5 minutes.
2. Melt the stick of butter in your cook pan. I waited until my pasta was boiling to do this.
3. While the butter melts toss your herbs over your shrimp (after it had defrosted of course). I put all my herbs in a small bowl and then spread it over the shrimp.
4. Once your butter is melted, throw the shrimp into your pan.
5. Let the shrimp cook for a few minutes. Then add your garlic and lemon juice. I let those three things do their thing for a few minutes. After that I threw in about 3/4 of the tomatoes. I didn’t want the dish to take too tomatoey (not sure if that is a word).
6. After the tomatoes had time to meld with the shrimp I added the cream cheese a little at time over the whole pan.
7. After letting the cream cheese melt into the the sauce, throw in your pasta.
AND WA-LA! You have a super tasty shrimp pasta! 🙂
You can add pretty much any vegetable you want to the dish. Which is one of the things I like about it. You could also substitute the shrimp for chicken and I’m sure it would be just as good. I will say that the lemon juice is a MUST. I made this last night and thought I had lemons but didn’t, and I could definitely tell the difference. I did something else different last night but I can’t tell what it was. The dish came out a little darker than what you see in the pictures and while it still tasted okay, it tasted better the first time I made it. So there’s that.
But it is still a very tasty dish, especially if you like shrimp and cream cheese. Which lets be honest, everyone love cream cheese! 🙂
Have a great Wednesday!