I think I have a love/hate relationship with long weekends. On one hand I love them because I don’t have to go to work and it means a shorter work week. But on the other hand, it gives me a taste of what summer is gonna be like and summer is SO FAR AWAY!!!! (But before you know it I’m gonna be complaining about how fast the school year went.)
My long weekend was delightful. It was the perfect combination of busy and fun!
Here were the highlights!
– Spent the evening at home. And I can literally not remember anything else. I have no idea what I did, what I ate, what I was thinking about…..it’s a complete blank. Weird. I do remember that this is what I wore to school on Friday (thank you Instagram) and that I was a big fan.
-Woke up and read some of Winter with my morning coffee.
– Had lunch at Sweet Tomatoes with my friend Molly. We chatted for a solid 2 and half hours. It was delightful.
-Made an IKEA trip and picked up my coffee table for my new apartment! My plan is to buy things in chucks so I don’t have to spend a huge amount right when I move in. I’ve been scouring Pinterest for ideas and am putting together a post on it for Wednesday!
– Went to The Galleria for the very first time. If you’re not familiar, The Galleria is this huge 3 story mall in Houston. It has all the high end stores (Tiffany’s, Prada, Da Beers, etc) and is busy as all get out. My mom bought me some rainbows for Christmas from Nordstrom’s online and they were too big. So I went to try and exchange them but they didn’t have my size so I settled for a gift card. Now I can buy anything! But my eyes are still on the Hunter Rain boots. I just need them to go on sale!
– The rest of the night was spent eating leftovers and watching TV. It was a very exciting Saturday night.
-The morning was spent exactly like Saturday morning….but this time I pretty much devoured Winter. I think I read from about 7:00am- 12:00pm when I finally got out of bed and took a shower.
– Had our Star Wars movie marathon! We had planned to start our marathon of watching all 6 Star Wars movies at 1:00. But due to several technical difficulties we didn’t get started until about 3:00. The order we planned to watch the movies in was 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6. If that means nothing to you basically we started with the first two originals from the late 70s and early 80s and then jumped to the films made in the 2000s. We made it all the way to the middle of the 2nd film. Then I got tired and started falling asleep and realized I wasn’t gonna make it any further. So we successfully finished 4 and a half of the 6 films. Not bad if you ask me. Plus I know have a new found appreciation for Star Wars.
– Woke up bright and early and immediately started all the chores I had neglected over the weekend. Laundry, vacuuming…you know the boring stuff.
– Made a Target run. Always a must on the weekends.
– Bought new jeans. It’s literally been like 2 years since I’ve bought myself new jeans. I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy some because 1. the ones I had were getting just a tad too tight and 2. I was tired of wearing the same ones over and over again. Mostly number 1 if I’m honest.
– Went and looked at the couch I plan to buy for the new apartment! Again I plan to show it off in another post. But I’m really excited about this purchase! It’ll be the first couch I’ve ever bought by myself!
– Checked out the apartments I think I’ve settled on for my big move in August. I tried to put my name on the waiting list but sadly I jumped the gun a little bit. Have to wait till April to go in and do that. Still SO EXCITED!
– Helped a friend navigate her way through blogger. She has to start a blog for one of her grad classes and I was more than happy to help her out. I feel like such a pro even though I still have a ton to learn myself!
Well that’s about it! Very busy and yet I feel like I had plenty of time to relax. Which is always good! And now it’s off to work. Thank goodness I only have 3 more days and we’re at the weekend again! 🙂