19. Build my savings.
19. Build my savings.
Ok now on to some of the pictures I took for my friend Brittny and her fiancee Seth. They are getting married in July. They were so fun to shoot and very easy going. They brought along their gorgeous lab Lucy who is so well trained that it was easy as pie to photograph her! These bluebonnets are the perfect back drop for a couples session and I LOVE the way their pictures turned out. So I’ll give myself a little pat on the back for that one.
This last picture is my all time favorite. I am obsessed with it!!!! HEART EYE EMOJI TIMES A THOUSAND!!!!!
Happy Easter friends! I hope each and every one of you had a fantastic Easter weekend. Mine was fabulous. Especially since we were given a three day weekend to celebrate Good Friday.
Here were the highlights….
– Slept as late as my internal clock would allow me. Which sadly wasn’t late at all.
-Enjoyed coffee in bed and a photo shoot with Sadie. She as sitting on my window and sun bathing. It was adorable.
– Chick-fil-a for lunch.
– A trip to J Crew Factory where I picked up the most comfortable maxi skirt EVER. You can see it here and on Instagram later today!
– Started watching a new TV show, Teachers.
– Enjoyed my awesome mail day from Thursday. I’m OBSESSED with my new phone case that I finally ordered. Seriously if y’all need a new one I highly recommend Caseitfy. The case is so sturdy and absolutely gorgeous. The toughest thing was picking my favorite and I am so happy with my choice. Oh and I got Girl Scout cookies in the mail. And they are delicious.
– Found the PERFECT field of blue bonnets and took some pictures of a co-worker and her future hubby. Ya’ll I think these are my favorite pictures so far. Blue bonnets make the perfect back drop. And she was super sweet and took some pictures of me! Here’s a preview.
– I wish I could say I went to church, but I just have not found one that I totally love yet. I’m still looking.
– Finally started to enjoy my latest read. I’m currently reading YOU by Caroline Kepnes. It started so slow and I wasn’t really loving it, but it is finally getting good. So naturally all I want to do it read.
– Went to Easter lunch at a friend house. She put together a really great lunch and a ton of fun activities for everyone who attended. The kids present had a blast and so did all the adults.
– Edited photos and got some blog posts prepped for the week!
– Ate pizza rolls for dinner.
– Made a HUGE decision in terms of decorating for my apartment. After much deliberation and discussion with multiple people, I’ve decided that rather than buy a brand new couch, I am going to completely refurbish the vintage couch that my roommate found on the side of the road! BAH!!! I’m so nervous. I so want this to look super cute and stylish and amazing. And I’m terrified it won’t. Thankfully Jenny said she would 100% help me so we have a pretty exciting project ahead of us. And yes…..the entire process WILL be blogged about.
Very busy and fun Easter was had on my part. I do wish I had attended church but I just haven’t found one that I’m 100% comfortable in. I’m hoping I find one soon. I think that would have made my Easter even better than what it was!
Now to tackle this Monday! Linking up with Biana!
// I had a big scare at work this week. To make a long story short, I was told that the enrollment numbers at our school were going down and so the school was going to have to say goodbye to four teachers. And guess who was one of those teachers. Yep, ME. It was one of the last hired, first fired kinda deals. Only I wasn’t fired, I was just going to be relocated to another school. So thankfully I still had a job but I was just going to have to re-interview, move all my crap, and get to know a whole new group of teachers. Not ideal in the least. Thankfully another teacher in our department volunteered to go on the list, so I’m safe. Still it was a very stressful 24 hours!
// Even though we just finished Spring Break, I’m so glad we don’t have school tomorrow. I wish three day weekends were a regular occurrence.
// We have state testing next week and I’m secretly excited because it means we can watch a movie and I don’t have to actually teach anything! (sorry if that makes me sound like a bad teacher!)
// I watched the trailer for the new Bridget Jones movie last night and loved it! YES there is another one coming out and I am so excited. I love those movies and am excited to see this one. It’s called Bridget Jones’s Baby. Here’s the trailer….
// I finally bought a new phone case and have been anxiously awaiting its arrival.
// I fell asleep on the couch at 7pm on Tuesday night. No idea why I’m so tired.
// I get annoyed when one of my cats is being extra needy. Which is weird because cats are not generally needy animals, but when they are its so annoying. Like right now I’m trying to type this and Sadie keeps rubbing her head on my hands making it impossible for me to type!
// When I wake up from naps I’m pretty cranky. (It happened yesterday) Which is why I don’t take naps.
// I’m getting bored with my hair and am seriously considering chopping it off but then I think about how it finally looks good when I curl it and I change my mind. But then think about chopping it off again. What should I do?!
// The only thing I’ve done this week on the are link ups. Does that make me a bad blogger? Probably.
// I’ve been listening to Bryan Adams on repeat. I’ve been obsessed with his raspy voice lately. Plus his song “Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman” is my all time favorite song. like EVER. (Sidenote: he looks super old nowadays)
********And that’s a wrap on Confession session for this week! Till tomorrow friends! 🙂
Over Spring Break I had a list of books I wanted to read. And since I wasn’t going to be going out of town I had plenty of time to get through lots of them. So today I bring you the review of the all of said books! (Well save for the one I read for my blogger book club. That one is coming to you next week.)
So I read just about anything. I like most genres and so these three book have absolutely nothing in common. Well the lat two do in that they are YA novels and both can be considered fantasy. But that’s about it. 🙂
But after one provocative encounter with the captivating Merry, Trent desires her more than any woman he has ever met. He is determined to have her as his wife, no matter what it takes. And Trent is a man who always gets what he wants.
The problem is, Merry is already betrothed, and the former runaway bride has vowed to make it all the way to the altar. As honor clashes with irresistible passion, Trent realizes the stakes are higher than anyone could have imagined. In his battle to save Merry and win her heart, one thing becomes clear:
All is fair in love and war.
GoodReads synopsis: “You must never do anything that might expose our secret. This means that, in general, you cannot form close bonds with humans. You can speak to us, and you can always commune with the Ocean, but you are deadly to humans. You are, essentially, a weapon. A very beautiful weapon. I won’t lie to you, it can be a lonely existence, but once you are done, you get to live. All you have to give, for now, is obedience and time…”
My thoughts: I loved the Selection series by this same author. And I really really wanted to love this one too. But…I hated it. I just could not get on board with the storyline. I didn’t feel like any of the characters (starring or supporting) were fully developed and the storyline itself fell flat for me. Which was so disappointing because like I said, the Selection series is by far one of my all time favorites (you can read my review here)! But yeah, I read it in an entire day so it is a very easy read. But I just wasn’t a fan.
Celaena Sardothien has survived deadly contests and shattering heartbreak—but at an unspeakable cost. Now she must travel to a new land to confront her darkest truth…a truth about her heritage that could change her life—and her future—forever.
Meanwhile, brutal and monstrous forces are gathering on the horizon, intent on enslaving her world. To defeat them, Celaena must find the strength to not only fight her inner demons but to battle the evil that is about to be unleashed.
Spring Break is over. And I was 100% not ready to go back to school. It is so tough going back to work after having been off for an extended period of time. Thankfully we only have four days of work and then a three day weekend. Yay for Good Friday! 🙂
While Spring Break may be over, Spring if officially upon us! Although you wouldn’t have known it yesterday because it was cold and windy all day. Sunny, but cold. Nonetheless I am so happy to say hello to my favorite season!
Alrighty, on to the goods! Here were the highlight from my weekend!
-Celebrated my birthday! Y’all really know how to make a girl feel special! Thank you all so much for the sweet birthday comments, not only on the blog but on Instagram too. I have a feeling 28 is gonna be pretty great! 🙂
– Treated myself to a manicure at my favorite nail salon.
– Had a delicious birthday dinner with some friends at a restaurant here in Houston called Taste of Texas. It’s a steakhouse and is, you guessed, it Texas themed. My steak and creme brûlée dessert were delicious!
– Got up bright and early and headed to College Station to visit with my uncle and aunt.
– Visited the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum. It was so neat! I learned a ton of information about our 41st President that I didn’t know about. Like did y’all know he was the US Ambassador to the United Nations AND the head of the CIA before he was Vice President and then President. Yeah me neither! The museum is very well done and gives you a ton of great history about the Bush family. Really makes you stop and think about the current election season lemme tell you.
– Went to a Texas A&M Women’s Basketball March Madness game. My uncle and aunt wanted to attend so I went along. They won which was good and it was fun to be back in college setting! Oh how I miss it!
– Dinner at BJs Brewhouse. I am a big fan of BJs and it didn’t disappoint. We had their trio of pazookies for dessert and they were AH-MAZING! I think the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut was my personal favorite. (My mouth is watering just typing that. So good!)
– Had more great catch up time with the family over coffee and quiche.
– Went shopping with my aunt. Target and Old Navy were our stores of choice. I ended buying two dresses (the blue on from my Birthday Wish List. I got it in white too), a pair of black work pants, and some presents for my two nieces! They both have birthday coming up soon.
– After lunch I headed back to Katy and really loved the drive. All the Texas wildflowers are in bloom right now. So the drive was so pretty! Bluebonnets, Indian Paint Brushes and some yellow flower completely cover the ground right now and it is gorgeous. I even pulled over to snap a few pictures because hello…Instagram! 🙂
– Watched the movie Brooklyn. SUCH a good film. I 100% see why it was nominated for Best Picture and for Best Actress for the girl who played the main character. I’m planning to add the book the movie is based on to my GoodReads list.
Man, pretty busy weekend! Actually my weekend was busier then the whole of my Spring Break. It was a very low key and relaxing. I honestly didn’t have much human interaction during the week, which was weird but not terrible. Definitely made me think about what it’s going to be like when I live alone in a few months. But more on that later.
Hope your weekends were just as eventful as mine! Happy Monday! 🙂
Linking up with Biana!
[five] Creating and completing a 28 in 28 challenge for myself. Ive seen these floating around and I think it’s finally time for me to make one. So I’m currently creating a 28 things I want to do in my 28th year. And I’ll be sharing that next week on the blog!
Linking up for Oh Hey Friday!
// Old Navy dresses. Per usual Old Navy has some super cute spring items out that I have my eye on. I’m pretty sure I can create my entire Spring/Summer line up with Old Navy clothes. These were just two of my favorites.
// Kendra Scott necklace and earrings. These were the items I found for myself at Kendra Scott, when Ashley and I had our second blate. I love how simple and classic both pieces are. I’m more into the simple and delicate look when it comes to jewelry and these to fit the bill just perfectly. (One of these will probably be purchased with my birthday 50% off coupon!)
// Throw Pillows. Thanks to Pinterest I recently stumbled on a new home good site that I’m obsessed with. Sadly most of the items are just
a tad a lot out of my price range. But I love the print and color of these custom pillows. I think they would look perfect in my new apartment come July. Sadly they are $165 a piece!!! I just can’t justify that. Fingers crossed I can find something similar at Home Goods or something.
// Toms Wedges. I mentioned these once already and I’m doing it again because of how much I like them. Seriously they are the perfect height so darn cute. I need them in my life like woah. Their from Nordstroms and I do have a gift card from Christmas that I still haven’t used. So these may also be something I purchase for myself! 🙂
//New phone case. I’ve been searching for a new phone case for months now and I finally found I really like. I’ve been wanting something with florals on it and Caseify has some really pretty options. (Confession: I bought the one you see in the picture yesterday. I couldn’t wait!)
// Mobi Wifi Enabled SD Card. I’m really interested in trying out one of the wifi enabled SD cards for my DSLR camera. Meg from Everyday Meg, had one at the Thrive Blog Conference and so they were instantly able to upload her pictures to Instagram because she could instantly download them to her iPad (you can also download it to your phone!). Love that idea. Especially with how obsessed I am with Instagram! 🙂 (Not pictured cuz I forgot!)
Well there ya have it friends. Just a few things I wouldn’t mind having in honor of turning 28 this Friday! 🙂
Also wanted to send a quick shout out to Courtney from Alkeks Abroad. She is a fellow Texan, fellow Texas State alumni, and currently lives in Australia with her hubby and today is her BIRTHDAY!! So Happy Birthday Courtney! 🙂
Have a great Tuesday! 🙂