I’d like to introduce you to one of my BFFLs.or my Best Friend For Life.
This is Ashley:
(she’s wearing bridal Minnie ears!)
She’s getting married on Saturday and I am her MOH.
Ashley is a year older than me and we’ve been going to school together for as long as I can remember.We weren’t BFFLs until high school and I mean LATE in high school. Like my Senior year/ her first year of college.(Which I forget ALL THE TIME).
But I can remember the exact moment we realized we have a ridiculous amount in common and the we should probably be best friends.
I was a junior and she was a senior and we were on in San Angelo, TX for the regional UIL competition in theatre.It was late and we were all piled into one hotel room.Ashley and I were both wearing 1. our retainers and 2. our glasses.
We then proceeded to realize that we both had an unhealthy obsession with Harry Potter and with boys with accents. (There was a ton of other stuff but those are the two that stick out the most!)
The rest is BFFL history!
Here are the top 10 reasons Ashley and I are BFFLs:
1. As previously mentioned we have an unhealthy obsession with Harry Potter. We had release parties complete with HP themed food, decorations and all of Ashley HP memorabilia (she had a TON of it! Even a signed photo of Rupert Grint she got by sending a letter to his fan club).
2. We both love to read and our go to hang out place is Barnes and Noble. We could seriously spend hours upon hours in that place.
3. She is one of the most thoughtful people I know. When I moved to FL, she sent me a house warming /congrats on your new job care package.
4. Our brothers are best friends!
5. We wear the same size, so when I’m home it’s super easy to share clothes.
6. I can tell her ANYTHING and know that she will love me anyway.
7. Our other unhealthy obsession is Disney. She has come to visit me twice. Once when I was on my College Program and once last summer when I moved to Florida. Her wedding is going to have minor elements of Disney magic! 🙂
8. We are both certified teachers. Only she teaches the little ones (kindergarten) and I teach the older ones. She has the cutest classroom in the world!
9. All while I went away to school, when I came to Florida (the first two times), when I went away to camp for a summer, and finally when I moved to Florida permanently, she and I have stayed best friends. Neither time nor distance have changed that. Distance usually hurts friendships but I am happy to say that this is the exact opposite of our friendship! 🙂
10. Ashley is the sister I never had and we are basically the same person.Her new husband is going to be the luckiest guy in the world! 🙂
There are a ridculous amount of picture of the two of us. But these are some of my favorites! 🙂
LOVE YA BEST FRIEND!